Based in Hexham in Northumberland, it has been our home for 21 years. In that time we have built up a well established group of clients across the UK and from time to time we also apply our trade oversees. We use the very best software and technology, but it's our engineering judgement and expertise that clients value above all else.
Professional Bodies and Associations
Membership of Professional Bodies and Associations keeps us at the forefront of the industry. We have individual staff or company memberships/associations with the following:
- The Institution of Civil Engineers.
- The Institution of Structural Engineers.
- The Association of Consulting and Engineering.
- Chartered Management Institute.
- The Association of Project Safety.
- The Institute of Quarrying.
- The Contractor’s Health and Safety Assessment Scheme.
- North East Process Industry Cluster.
- Registered to SER Ltd (Approved Certifier of Design Scotland).
Awards and Commendations
- The Journal Landmark Awards 2005-Best Office.
- Premier Guarantee Regional Conservation Project 2011.
- Local Authority Building Control Small Project Award 2009.
- Constructing Excellence in the North East 2012-Heritage Award.
- English Heritage Angel Award 2013.
- Robert Stephenson Awards 2013-Finalist.
- Hexham Civic Society Award 2007.
- Newcastle City Council Conservation Award 2006.
- Robert Stephenson Awards – High Commendations
- RICS North East Awards 2018 – Residential
We recognise the importance of sustainability in modern life. We are dedicated to making our footprint on the world a positive one. So we issue plans and reports digitally as a matter of course and we print to paper only on request. Our policy is to walk to meetings and share cars amongst ourselves where possible. We encourage our partner organisations and clients to share transport with us when they can for environmental reasons and social ones too! We are committed to our local community – we enjoy being part of Young Designer of the Year for high schools in Northumberland and we chair the industrial panel at Newcastle university.
Health and Safety
We consider health and safety to be an integral part of what we do. In our technical, project-based work it’s the first thing we consider and the same is true of our own workplace and business practices. We will always comply with all the appropriate requirements of health, safety and welfare legislation and we review all our policies regularly as part of our on-going monitoring. We have a strong health and safety culture which is why we are CHAS accredited and members of the Association for Project Safety.
School and University Links
We appreciate that the engineers of tomorrow are incredibly important for the industry’s future. Our Director Brian was the chair of the industrial advisory panel for the school of civil engineering at Newcastle University; supporting, guiding and providing assistance to both staff and students. We also maintain strong links with local schools and also have a local apprentice working with us.
Bim and Software
BIM is a hot topic in the industry, and here at BT Bell we are striving to be at the cutting edge of the industry in this area. Software is an important component of modern engineering to provide analysis of complex projects – which is why we invest heavily in our software and hardware, so we are using the best there is.